1835

Melbourne is established and considered to be part of Port Phillip District of Sydney.
Read more

1848

James Goold is appointed the first Bishop of Melbourne.
Read more

1850

The Parish of Heidelberg is established; Narre Warren is made part of this Parish.
Read more

1853

The Brighton Mission is established. It covers a large area south and south east of Melbourne,
Read more

1883

The Dandenong Mission is established. It includes parts of West Gippsland and the Mornington Peninsula.
Read more

1956

Berwick is made a separate Parish and included in the Archdiocese of Melbourne
Read more

February 1978

On the 7th, St. Francis Xavier College opened with 72 Year 7 students
Read more

February 1980

The Parish of Narre Warren is formed on the 16th of February 1980
Read more

May 1980

Land for the Parish is purchased
Read more

August 1980

On the 15th, the Parish is officially named ‘Our Lady Help of Christians’ by Bishop Fox.
Read more

September 1980

The Yallourn Presbytery (built in 1957) is relocated to Narre Warren and becomes the new Presbytery/ Parish house
Read more

March 1981

On the 22nd, the contract for the construction of the Chapel is signed. (It is completed on the 3rd August 1981).
Read more

August 1981

All Masses now held in the new Chapel called the Chapel of the Living Waters
Read more

September 1981

On the 6th, the Parish of Our Lady Help of Christians is officially opened by Bishop Eric D’Arcy
Read more

February 1982

Don Bosco Primary – the first Parish primary school is officially opened
Read more

March 1982

On the 10th, the combined conference of St. Vincent de Paul is founded in the Parish
Read more

February 1985

On the 8th, Fr. Gerard Coffey is appointed Parish Priest
Read more

May 1987

The First Parish Council is appointed
Read more

December 1991

Father Denis O’Bryan is appointed Parish Priest.
Read more

July 1992

Kath Ornsby is appointed the first Parish Secretary.
Read more

February 1993

The Legion of Mary is initiated in the Parish.
Read more

January 1995

The Good Shepherd sisters move into the Parish.
Read more

August 1995

On the 27th, Fr. John Allen is appointed Parish Priest.
Read more

September 1995

On the 17th, Mary MacKillop Primary School – the second Parish school is officially opened.
Read more

November 1995

On the 29th, No. 4, Stewart Avenue in Narre Warren is purchased and becomes the Presbytery
Read more

1996

Sr. Adrienne Jones, and Mary and Fred Garoni initiate the Friendship Group in the Parish.
Read more

1997

Sr. Aileen Vear is appointed Pastoral Associate and serves till December 2004.
Read more

March 1998

On the 29th, Veronica Scammell is appointed the First Sacrament Coordinator of the Parish.
Read more

August 1998

On the 14th, parishioner Tony Aspinall is ordained to the permanent Diaconate and begins working in the Parish.
Read more

September 1998

The parish completes its first renovation at an approximate cost of $280,000.
Read more

June 2000

On the 18th, Trinity Primary School - the third Parish school is officially opened.
Read more

October 2000

On the 17th, Narre Warren becomes the first Parish in the Diocese to implement a Parish-based,
Read more

March 2003

On the 6th, Father Jacob Thadathil becomes the first “overseas” priest to be appointed as Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

May 2004

On the 30th, the Tuesday evening Novena to our Lady of Good Health is initiated by a group of dedicated parishioners.
Read more

June 2004

Orchid Design studios are engaged to draw up plans for the refurbishment of the Sanctuary.
Read more

January 2005

Fr. Thomas Karamakuzhiyil is appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

May 2005

On the 22nd, Bishop Jeremiah Coffey blesses the New Sanctuary and Altar.
Read more

July 2005

Sister Doreen Dagge joins the Parish team as Pastoral Associate and replaces Sister Aileen.
Read more

April 2008

Extensions are made to the church foyer and the 3rd stage of the church extension is completed.
Read more

January 2011

On the 19th, Fr. Brendan Hogan is appointed Parish Priest of Narre Warren.
Read more

August 2011

Fr. Janeesh Jose is appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

February 2013

Due to occupational health and safety issues, the Yallourn Presbytery which served as the parish
Read more

May 2013

On the 2nd, Fr. Sabu Adamakiyil is appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

June 2013

On the 18th, an initial plan and decision to look at a more detailed vision for the Parish, is made.
Read more

September 2013

On the 26th, a Steering Committee is formed to provide a detailed brief and budget for the new Parish center
Read more

May 2014

With the guidance and expertise of Rob Pahor and other members of the Steering Committee, a project brief is developed
Read more

July 2014

On the 24th, Law Architects from North Fitzroy are commissioned for the new Parish center and church.
Read more

October 2014

On the 31st, Fr. Babu Anthony Vadakkekara is appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

April 2015

On the 22nd, Fr. Stephen Onuoha is appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

2015

The Architects, Steering Committee, Finance Committee, and Parish Forum work out the plan and budget
Read more

December 2015

The proposed Parish center and re-designed church plans and budget are presented to the Parish and to the Diocese.
Read more

January 2016

On the 20th, Fr. James is appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
Read more

September 2016

On the 15th, the planning permit is approved by the Council of the City of Casey.
Read more

November 2016

The Adma Group is chosen from among 4 other builders who sent in estimates.
Read more

January 2017

Official site work commences.
Read more

March 2017

We celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima apparitions, at OLHC.
Read more